The City of Durham and Durham County Government have combined their stay-at-home orders and amended it to cover violations of the original order.
According to a press release, mayor Steve Schewel and county board of commissioners chair Wendy Jacobs did this to reduce confusion.
Here’s what the revised order says:
▪ The number of people allowed in a gathering is reduced from from 10 to 5.
▪ Realtors can only have virtual showings, none in-person.
▪ Bans all sports involving shared equipment, including tennis and sports that use balls, discs, pucks and frisbees.
▪ All essential retail stores must require social distancing and sanitation practices. This will be enforced by both the police department and the sheriff’s office.
▪ Farmers markets can only operate by pickup or delivery
▪ Employees of any business operating in a residential setting have to wear masks that cover their mouth and nose